Thursday 14 February 2013

Muted Brown Smokey Eye

weird title I know, but what better way to describe it then that? So basically I got to play make up artist for the day! Playing with make-up really excites me because you can create whatever look you fancy! I even had the opportunity to to the make-up and help out for my school's musical, Grease (in love!) Since then I've caught the make-up (everyday and media based) bug! I can't decide if that's good or bad...
Here I am bobby-pinning wigs with the fantastically talented Ellie Stimpson, aka Miss Lych! 
and again selling programmes. I must admit I miss this, *sob sob*

Tonight when I came home, I was met with my sister (Abbey) asking to do her make-up, I was a little suspicious as why she would choose me, but of course I wouldn't deny! When it came to choosing what to do, I wanted to keep it simple as she's only young and going out with some of her friends, also I didn't want something too heavy as she rarely wears more than a coat of mascara!
I have been a complete fool and forgotten to take a before photo, so I've pinched Hannah's photo with Abbey with no make-up.

Well this is where the fun starts, for me anyway! For the base I used Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and a light concealer under her eyes. I love this foundation, its really subtle but gives good coverage and is enriched with nutrients that are heaven for your skin- bonus! 

Abbey has slightly dry skin (but the foundation glided on effortlessly- thanks Bourjois) so I didn't use any loose or condensed powder as this would create a patchy effect- which we don't want for sure!




 To contour her cheek structure and face I added bronzer (lightly- for slight definition) to her cheekbones, jawline and temples. I think this adds a subtle and none obvious glow, a shy step from being pale as a ghost.


Next up was her eyes, I wanted this to be nice and feminine but with a pinch of attitude at the same time. I brushed peach shadow on her eye lid with a rounded-end brush for a base to add colour.(Also I added some highlighter the bridge of her nose and above the cheekbones to catch natural and artificial light to create a flattering look). I guess I created a brown smoky eye by using two tones of brown. To add shadow on the outer eye I used a shade darker shadow and blended it form the outer corners then inwards, and up into her brow.


Because I wanted to keep Abbey's overall look minimal but impacting I used a shadow instead of eye-liner  I applied it with a paintbrush (weird I know) for precision along her upper and lower lash line- using a darker shade of eye shadow than the shadow used on her outer eyes- to create and complete the smoky eyed look!
I of course finished with a few lashes of mascara and was complete. I hope Abbey liked it *eek*, well she didn't say other wise!

Thanks for being my model Ab's- you were lush ( and it was very very brave of you to let me experiment on your face!) I think it actually turned out okay, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment