Saturday 2 February 2013

MUA Nail Caviar Review and Tutorial

Hey guys, Christmas was a while back now, but one of the things gifted to me was MUA nail caviar and it's about time I'd share my thoughts on it.
Nail Caviar has been bumping about in the fashion magazine's and critic reviews for quite some time now and many of us have grabbed the chance at snapping it up for our own personal use. There are obviously other brands of nail caviar available such as Ciaté Nail Beads, but for all of us students or other strapped for cash folks, at £18 a pop, our purses will almost certainly cry out in protest, unless of course you feel like a well deserved treat! And by all means indulge yourself, why not?
But for me MUA was a good choice. At only £3 pound for a little pot at most Superdrug stores you can't go wrong. It is available in many different shades but the most popular being the shades Gemini, Leo and Scorpio (the one I have! woo)
The great thing about caviar is that it is easy to use, and I mean really easy! coming from me that's pretty good, me being one of the most pessimistic people on the planet earth. And this is how you apply it in a couple easy and brief steps:


  1. apply your favourite shade of nail polish (base coat is optional!) - one nail at a time (it worked best for me that way)
  2. Then when the nail is still wet, pour the caviar gently over your nail but be sure to have a little cup or pot under your hands to catch any stray beads! there's a reason for this which I will in the last step. Also press down gently on the beads to secure them.
  3. The repeat this on your other nails on one had, here, I think its best to apply a clear coat of polish over the nail to lock in the beads, but do this when the hand you have just done, is dry. Hopefully through this the beads will stay on a little longer.
  4. Repeat these steps then for the other hand and viola! 
  5. Here's the bonus tip! Well it's no magic, but the pot you have been using as you little caviar catcher does actually come in useful. The MUA bottle's lid that can be taken off, put upside-down and used as a little funnel so you can repour the and recycle every last caviar bead! (thanks MUA!)
And there you have it, home-made beautiful nails! something you can boast about to your friends, that you did them all yourself without the expense of nail salons.
As much as I am a fan of this product I'm always going to be 100% honest in everything I blog. So I have a few picky points about the product and caviar itself. As pretty as it was to admire and look, at I found that the beads did tend to fall of when I was going about my daily life, and also because they are quite tiny little beads, when doing my hair in the mornings or retouching throughout the day, I must admit I experienced some strand catching courtesy of the caviar.
In saying this, overall, for the prize and ease of this product I think the negatives can easily be overlooked. The positives definitely out-weigh the negatives. The overall look is beautiful and unique, and of course eaily achievable. One nail will never be the same. A perfect way to finish a look for day or night!


Thank you all for reading this far, I SALUTE YOU! feel free to leave a cheeky a little comment or a question, whatever takes you fancy! Anything is well and truly appreciated, honestly! I need all the opinions I can get, also I will try my best to respond to all comments, of course.
Also if the steps on how to do your nails, still have you baffled and scratching your head, drop a little comment telling me this and I'll create a little vlog (video blog) and link it to my next blog! cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your nails are so gorgeous with that Caviar Nailpolish on them!!!))
    Not sure I will be able to see it in the shops here in my town, but I always can go with online shops in that matter, right?))

    Guys, how about checking out my blog and in case you like, following each other on bloglovin and google?!
    Please let me know about it!!!

    XO Ann http://somethingsworthtrying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe thanks so much! they may sell them in Superdrug stores or you can also get Ciate nail cavier which i think is also widely available! but Superdrug and boots online will most likely have similar products! :) xx

    i'll give your blog a look for sure! thanks for the comment! xx

    ReplyDelete