Wednesday 17 July 2013

Devon 2013: Day #1

Summer is here, and to enforce the sunny arrival, me and my family have recently gone to Devon (South-West of England) for a holiday. Every year we go camping and have a day out each day during that period. This year has been no different.
So my next few entries will be my experience of Devon through photos.
Day one was the tedious 'pack everything in the car and hope it fits day', which surely called for lazy/confy travel clothes. 3 hours later and the tent set up it was time for a walk and local beach visit. Perfect! The views were beautiful and it was a lovely, traditional seaside town experience.










The Campsite (all above photos) was beautiful! I felt privileged to stay there.








The beach was just as lush and scenic as the town, look a little windswept here!


This made me giggle so I had to snap it! Fits me perfectly.
Also the Newberry Valley campsite had it's own USP (unique selling point) to offer. It was situated right next to a Wolf Hybrid sanctuary! (owned by Shaun Ellis). Yes you read right, we could here them howl every evening, to which I'm still deciding whether it was completely eerie or really wonderful. They even walked them through the park on leads. Read here to learn more, it is so fascinating, in 2005 Ellis spent 18 months living in captivity at Combe Martin Wildlife Park with three abandoned wolf pups - Yana, Tamaska and Matsi, educating them to be wild wolves and becoming the pack's alpha male.


No comments:

Post a Comment