Tuesday 9 April 2013

How To: Braid & Bun

Now that it's slowly creeping into summer we can all hope, dream and presume that hot weather will come hand in hand with the change! well finger's crossed anyway.
If the weather is really warm chances are a few of us (yes ALL of us) are going to get all stuffy and overly hot, resulting in doing anything to keep mischievous hair out of our faces and necks. 
So in this entry I thought I'd share the result of a new hairstyle we found, using the mix of a braid (which will add fun and excitement to many summer outfits) and a top knot/messy bun- beach chic! Which my sister, Hannah tried out on our little sisters.
Check out Hannah's Twitter: https://twitter.com/HannJoanne and follow her on Instagram :hannjoanne93!
This hairstyle is fairly easy to achieve and I think it's a great way to keep all eyes and concentration on the outfit your wearing, allowing a cool breeze to pass on your neck on those warm days (hopefully some sunshine, but it's Britain so most likely rain, sigh!) But also you could boost your hair by adding volume  beach curls or little accessories/clips to make a plain outfit pop.


(not my own images)

This look is so easy to achieve and is individual each time, it can be messy and understated if you are not that confident with braiding or tight and neat to show flare. The best way to make the plait is to tip your head upside down and brush through hair so it is all in one direction, at this point it's okay to get someone to help you plait or even plait for you. you plait from the base of your neck to the crown of your head in the similar way of doing a French plait! Then when your happy tie the top of your hair in a ponytail. Here you can lift your head up and style your bun whether it be sleek and neat or messy and gutsy (secure again with a bobble or elastic).


Here are the braids and knots Hannah managed to style in my little sisters hair!

To me I think this style looks like a lot of work and effort to achieve and will fetch many compliments, but you have the pleasure of knowing it was simple and easy! I think braids are a perfect welcome to summer and everyone should have a go, if you are a fan or have found any new summer inspired hairstyles recently let me know by linking or adding a picture in the comments below! 
Or why not even tweet me?- they could feature in my future blog entry (social networking sites are linked on the navigation bar of my blog homepage- my twitter is https://twitter.com/BetthanyParsons if you get a little lost!).  lets hope we all have a warm and sunny summer! 





3 comments:

  1. Such a cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice keeps the hair outta your face when there's dick in your mouth

    ReplyDelete